It’s Summer, which means wedding season is definitely upon us. Weddings are a fun time for everybody, except for when it comes time to choose what to wear! Often, weddings have dress codes that guests should follow. These dress codes are meant to make choosing an outfit easier for everybody, however, they usually end up making it much more stressful. Keep reading for tips on how to not only tackle each wedding dress code, but also add a fun twist to your look as well!
1. Casual. The casual dress code is often thought to be the easiest one to dress for. However, people often face the dilemma of finding the perfect balance between too casual and too dressy. If this is the case, opting for a sundress or dressy shorts is your best bet.
2. Cocktail attire. Cocktail attire is a step up from the casual dress code. When it comes to cocktail attire, most people think a cocktail dress is the only option they have when choosing what to wear. However, jumpsuits can be just as dressy and are definitely a fun alternative to a cocktail dress!
3. Formal attire/Black Tie optional. When a wedding invitation calls for formal attire or says it will be “Black Tie optional,” you actually have more outfit choices than you think. Anything between or including an evening gown and a cocktail dress would be considered appropriate. To really stand out though, try wearing some dressy pants and a blouse with some statement jewelry!
4. Black Tie. Black Tie wedding attire is where things really start to get fancy. Evening gowns and some cocktail dresses are worn most often to these weddings, and jewelry should not be too flashy. However, just because a wedding calls for black tie attire doesn’t mean you can only wear neutral tones such as black or gray. To spice things up, go for a brighter evening dress. You’ll look fancy and fun at the same time!
5. White tie. Lastly, there is the white tie dress code. This attire is the fanciest of all and a full-length gown is really the only appropriate look. While this is a pretty strict dress code, you can still personalize this look with different kinds of jewelry and other accessories!
Which of these tips did you like the best? Also, let us know your go-to wedding outfit in the comments below!